woensdag 24 december 2014

Secret Santa Card for Kit and Clowder with Maya Angel with Star

Good morning everybody!

Christmas is almost here! Hope you are in to another Christmas card? I made this one for another Secret Santa swap I entered. This one was on the Facebook page of Kit and Clowder, for those of you who haven't heard of Kit and Clowder, they offer online coloring classes for both alcohol markers and distress inks. Now I haven't done any of their classes yet though I am very intrigued by them, especially the animal one. Anyway, next to offering their classes they have built a really friendly and supportive crafting community especially on their Facebook page. Everybody is welcome, not just students, and it has been a joy to see a community where the main focus is appreciation for each others work and a shared love for crafting, there is WAY to much negativity going around on some of the other pages. But BACK to the Secret Santa swap :). I got to make a card for Radostina Eneva who is a VERY talented lady from Bulgaria who is now living in Switzerland. And this is the card I made for her.
I made this card using Angel Maya with Star by Whiff of Joy. White, blue and gold were the colors I wanted to use, maybe not your first choice of Christmas colors but with the gorgeous little Angel I wanted the pure of the white and the blue and added the gold for the festive feel.
A close up of the image, as always colored with Copic Markers and completely 3D paper pieced, with a bit of pretty frantage around it, stitches by hand and pretty plantinum stickles.
And a close up of some of the embellishments. The Wild Orchid Crafts Trellis Roses are absolutely my favorite flowers, they'll make any card or project shine. And the berries from the Gold Christmas Berry Spray were the perfect festive touch to these gorgeous flowers.
Finally a picture of the little pieces that I cut to make the adorable little angel.

This is the absolutely GORGEOUS card I received from my Secret Santa in this swap Silvie Zahradnickova. As always pictures really don't do this beauty justice but I think you can see how pretty it is. It stands proudly on the mantel on my living room. I LOVED being part of this swap.

I hope you have all your Christmas shopping and stuff done by now! I have one more post before this year is done so I'm not going to wish you guys a happy new year yet but I do wish all of you a very warm and loving Christmas, hope you all get to spend it with the people you hold closest to your hearts!

Hugs,






Materials used:
Image: Angel Maya with Star by Whiff of Joy
Papers: White and kraft colored cardstock, star paper is an old line from Magnolia and corrugated kraft cardstock.
Other: Frantage, platinum and diamond stickles, Frayed Burlap distress ink, stitches by hand with help from a Stampin'Up paper piercing tool pack that I bought from Durvina. Antique Gold Pearls from FWAB and Prima Say It In Crystals rhinestone swirls.
From Wild Orchid Crafts:
Gold Christmas Berry Spray (MKX-351)
White Mulberry Paper Trellis Roses 40mm (MKX-682)
White Mulberry Paper Trellis Roses 35mm (MKX-682)
White Mulberry Paper Open Roses 25mm (MKX-013)

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow beautiful card Mariska. also the card of Silvie.
    Hugs Ghea
    Happy Holidays

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Absolut stunning work from both of you here MAriska. I just love your stunning work always and can only agree to all you said about the K&C group, it is a very special place, where you have to peek in every day no matter how you are.
    I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas too and a HAppy New Year as well, and I´m looking forward to see lots more of your stunning work in the new year again. Enjoy the holiday now hun.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Prachtige kerstkaart in deze zachte kleurtjes Mariska, het hoeft niet altijd in traditionele kleuren. Ik hou hier wel van. Ik wens jou en je familie ook hele fijne feestdagen en een gelukkig, gezond en creatief 2015.

    Liefs Thea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Gorgeous cards Mariska. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Lorraine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Absolutely perfect, as always! Such an elegant card with the lovely touches of gold. I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas!
    Rebecca.
    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen