donderdag 28 augustus 2008

One challenge, two cards :) Sketch Saturday




Materials used:
Stamps from Dress up Lily Plate by Pink Cat Studio
Papers from Doodlebug and Imaginisce
Cardstock from collection
Stickles Xmas Red
Gelly Roll pen from Sakura
Derwent Watercolour pencils

Materials used:
Papers from Basic Grey and Daisy D's
Cardstock from collection
Stickles Xmas Red, Magenta and Crystal
Liquid Pearls Ruby Red
Gelly Roll pens from Sakura
Derwent Watercolour pencils
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain
Font used: Edwardian Script ITC (I don't know where I've got that one from)


So, making up for the shortcut I took last week here are two cards for sketch no. 13 on Sketch Saturday. Jo from Sketch Saturday is looking for a DT member and I just thought I'd take a shot. The Sketch was very easy to work with so that made making two cards with one sketch a joy to do. To be considered for a DT position you had to make two cards (see above :) ), one being a christmas card, which was a joy because I have my Whiff of Joy stamps which I love! The sentiments on that card says 'Fijne Kerst' which means Merry Christmas in Dutch. The next card could be any subject and seeing my doctor is going to move to a new location and she is such a lovely person I decided to make a card for her. The sentiment says 'Nieuwe Lokatie' which means New Location in Dutch, but this card could of course just as easily have been a Get Well Soon card. I hope you like them, and more importantly I hope Jo likes them :). But seeing there were 84 comments an hour ago when I checked I know I shouldn't get my hopes up to high :). I loved making them and that's the main part!

xxx




17 opmerkingen:

  1. Gorgeous cards, both of them are fantastic, love the 3d of Charlotte and all the sparkles...good luck with the DT
    lv Gill x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi Mariska, bedankt voor je reactie op mijn blog. :) Jou kaartjes zijn ook super. Leuke vrolijke kleuren heb je gebruikt. Ze springen er gewoon uit, zeker met het glitter effect. En dat 3d effect is heel mooi gedaan. Veel succes met de DT call. :)

    Groetjes rosalien

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Fantastic colouring. Charlotte looks really stunning on your card. Everything fits together perfectly, the papers, the motive and the colouring etc.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Mariska
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your cards are gorgeous!
    Good luck for the DT.
    Lynsey :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Love your cards Mariska especially the nurse one, she is so cute does not look like any I work with lolx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh wow Mariska! These cards are just brilliant! The colouring is so amazing! Good luck with the DT!!
    Love Becky xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. 2 bright, fun and cheery cards, fabulous work!
    Thank you for taking part,
    Jo xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. me again, I just had to come back ;)

    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I would be honoured if you would accept a postion on Sketch Saturdays design team.
    Please email me (link on the blog) to let me know which email address you use for blogger so that I can add you to the blog, then you can see the sketches!
    Thank you, and welcome aboard,
    i'm looking forward to working with you.
    Jo xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. congratulation MARISKA !!!! for design team !!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Congratulations for the DT, look forward to working with you
    lv Gill x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hi Mariska, congrats on DT - fabulous work, your cards are stunning.
    Have a great weekend
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Hi Mariska! Congrats for the DT! I am really excited to be on the team with you! Your cards are so gorgeous! Jeanette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Wow... Mariska,
    both cards are so wonderful and I love your colouring and all details!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!!!!!!!
    Hugs Gisela

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Fabulous cards Mariska, Charlotte looks gorgeous!! Love the papers and wonderful colours.
    hugs Bev x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen