dinsdag 9 december 2008

Pink Cat Studio Group Challenge

Heather has come up with a very challenging challenge over at the Pink Cat Studio group on Paper Craft Planet. I saw the challenge on the Pink Cat Studio Blog and just had to join the group to participate in this one. The challenge is called '3 times 3, 6 by 6, and 1 of 3 Challenge'. I'll just copy Heather's text to explain:

This is a 3 Part Challenge:

Part 1
Project Size:Your Project is to be 6" by 6" Card or 3-D items welcome!

Part 2
You are to use 3 of 3 different things example:
3 different ribbonsand
3 different Pat. Papers and
3 different Stamps
You can do whatever 3 things you want like buttons or eyelets or metal em bellies, whatever you want to do as long as there are 3 different items of that category. So when you are done there will be 9 different things in 3 categories.

Part 3
Color Scheme
You can choose one of the following 3 color groups for your Project.
1.) Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink or Pink Passion, and Silver (if you do not have SU colors just use something similar.
2.) Old Olive, Night of Navy, and Ruby Red, and Kraft (optional) (close to co co can be used as a sub for Kraft)
3.) Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum, and Gray (silver may be used as a sub.)

You can use additional colors, but the main colors should be on the project as well.

There was an example by Janna Hull on the Pink Cat Studio Blog and I just loved that so much that I had to try my own. This is how it turned out:




The paper colours might not be the same as the SU colours since SU isn't available in The Netherlands but I hope they come close. I think the card looks much better in real life but that's mostly because the heat embossed silver dusn't photograph the way I want it to and because of the bad weather here the colours aren't actual. Anyway, I hope you like it a little. My 3x3 are:

3 stamps from the Pink Cat Studio Farm Animal Plate
3 brads
3 design papers (by SEI and Daisy Bucket)

I later realized there is another 3 and that's 3 different kinds of silver: heat embossing, stickles and Colorbox inkpad :).

I loved making this card, it took me completely out of my comfort zone. And I had the chance to use these lovely Farm Animals again which I don't do often enough but they are so much fun to colour!

Thank you for this fantastic challenge Heather! And for all of you who want to join in on the fun, you know where to find it!!

xxx

Mariska

11 opmerkingen:

  1. This is gorgeous Mariska and so much fun, love all the cute characters and design, Hugs, Nikki x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. WOW, simply stunning! what else can i say...
    love emma x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Excellent take on this challenge!! I love all the layers and the way you colored them in is great!

    Smiles,
    Janna

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh my Gosh! Mariska!!! Your cards are Beautiful!!!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wow what a great challenge and even more brilliant card!
    Just wanted to let you know that I've changed my blog address to http://sandradrydesigns.blogspot.com/
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wow Mariska, this is fantastic. love what you have created from the challenge. hugs rachxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Oh WOW!!! This is so adorable Mariska! What a fun card, I love your colouring and all of the layers, FAB job!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. This is adorable! I love how you colored the pig so you can see his rosy cheeks! Great job on the challenge.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wow..... Mariska
    your card is beautiful!
    Hugs Gisela

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Great Card Mariska! I am loving how you did the challenge! I love all your work I am going to have to add you to my favorite blogs to visit! The colors are just great, and I think the embossed silver showed up wonderful!!

    Love Love Love the card and the layers, and everything about it. Now you make me realize I need to get out my farm plates and play along some!!!

    My In Laws are coming in May for the Tulips! The are going to be on a tour group this time a couple years ago the went to Switzerland and France, and they got lost in France and their trains were all delayed and they almost missed going to the most important part of the trip the Cemetary where his Uncle was in France. So this time they are going tour group all the way!!!


    Heather

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Mariska,

    Congrats on being on the Pink Cat DT you have gorgeous work, and I will really enjoy seeing all your sneak peaks at release time!!!

    You deserve it girl!!!

    Heather

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen