woensdag 22 juli 2009

Very simple

Hi everybody!!

Sorry for staying away so long! We had a surprise party for my father in law last Sunday, we rented a partyship and invited his family, friends and former colleagues to celebrate his 65th birthday that's coming up next week with us. It was a huge success but it took some planning. And of course school holidays have started here and I have been an entertainer for my oldest :). Today we went to Europe's largest playground (or they claim to be) the Linneaushof with one of her friends from class... I'm sooooooooo exhausted... but they were too and that was the plan :). Tomorrow both my girls are staying with my in laws so my husband and myself are going out for some dinner and the latest Harry Potter movie... such a big fan!!!

But I do have something to show you today. It's very simple but I love it :). I've started to try some simpler cards because I want to make my little girls birthday invites myself, she is turning five at the end of September so I have some time but I wanted to see how simple I could keep it and still like it. Here is the first result:
I think it's so cute. No embellies or Design Paper at all, just cardstock, blue and white, some ink, and a cuttlebug folder. And of course the very cute image which is a Stamping Bella named Papillon Ketto and it comes together with a mini version of the same butterfly. The Stamping Bella stamps are for sale at Card Art, just contact Carmen on whatever stamp you want to buy and she'll tell you more about it. The little butterfly was as always coloured with Derwent Watercolour Pencils and Copics and I've added a whole lot of stickles which you'll probably see better in this close up:

I know the card is very simple but I love it anyway, hope you do too! What I am even more in love with is my now finished project for the Pink Cat Studio release which will be coming up on August 6th with previews on August 4th and 5th, these new cuties are so extremely cute I can't wait to show you (but I'll have to anyway.. sorry :S).

I'm going to take a nice cup of tea and put my feet in the air. Take care everybody!!!

xxx
Mariska

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Love your card! Very cute!!! hugs janny

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. wat een schattig kaartje!
    groetjes sylvia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's very pretty! Thanks for sharing! Michelle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ohhh Mariska,wat een schitterend kaartje,prachtig die stempel,heel mooi ingekleurd.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Not very simple, very very beautifull!!! I love it..

    Much love, Marley

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ik vind je kaart hardstikke leuk Mariska.

    groetjes Monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Simpel is ook heel mooi, Mariska....Super schattig kaartje en schitterend ingekleurd!

    San x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hi Mariska - hope you're feeling better!
    Quickie question for you...just working on a 3-D Anya and my 3M mounting tape is probably 1/16th of an inch thick...it just seems too thick...is that what you're using?
    thanks!
    Pam Going Postala

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Hi Mariska! Just stopping by to say hi!! Hope you are doing well! Love your card and all the sparkles. Such a pretty card and such a fun image!!

    Maria

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen