donderdag 12 mei 2011

Sweet Blossom box for my MIL

Hi girls!!

I'm sure most of you have been to visit Wee Stamps by now. You may recall I did a card with Angel Cody by Wee Stamps a while back (HERE) and Sylvia Zet, the very nice owner of Wee Stamps, told me she liked it a lot and so I decided to send her the card as a small gift. As a thank you she gave me some images to work with amongst which my favorite Wee Stamp image Sweet Blossom. I have been wanting to color her ever since she arrived in my mailbox and now finally I have. I created another box, this one for my MIL who is celebrating her 65th birthday next Saturday, I don't think she ever visits my blog so I think I'm perfectly save posting the pictures of my new treasure on my blog, here it is:I know the layout is almost the same as my last, I tend to use this simple layout a lot... sorry but I love how this box turned out. Here is a close up of the absolutely gorgeous Sweet Blossom:
I did alter the image a bit by shortening the brach she is on and slightly replacing some of the flowers. As usual the image is completely 3D paperpieced and colored with my Copics. Here is a sideview of the box:
Papers used are very old ones from MME, they are some of my favorite stashed goodies and are gorgeous and glittery but from 2008. The flowers used are by Wild Orchid Crafts. The square doilly used I bought on Ebay and the round doilly used I bought at the KreaDoe fair last year and I have no idea from which store. The ribbon and pearl-brads used are from an older Card Art kit. The box was painted using different colors of normal and crackle paint, some golden stickles and some varnish.
Hope you like my box. The base is like my last creation an old cigare box, I received a couple of box full of these from my mother (no she didn't smoke them herself :) ). If there are Dutch girls who would like a couple and don't mind paying for the shipping please or picking them up here in Nieuwe Wetering please e-mail me. I think shipping to other countries would make these boxes very expensive so I don't think you'd want that.
Well that's it for now!! Take care sweet people!
xxx
Mariska

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Wowww dat is werkelijk schitterend Mariska! Supergaaf!
    Groeten Kristel

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow wat een prachtig kaartje en oh zo mooi ingekleurd!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ontzettend mooi ingekleurd en de doos is werkelijk prachtig met die bloemen en de hele lay-out! SUPER.
    groetjes, Jose

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. oh my, very pretty card. it's so gorgeous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Tjonge Maris, wat een prachtig stempeltje! Ik vind de doos zo mooi geworden! Je maakt heel mooie creaties!
    xxx
    Dutch Tulip
    Marja

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hoi lieve Mariska,wat een schitterende doos,leuke stempel,mooi ingekleurd.
    Mooi papier en details.
    Hoe gaat het bij jullie?

    Liefs knuf Riet.xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow Mariska, wat heb je dat super gedaan, ik ben er echt volledig weg van. Het zijn sowieso heel mooie tekeningen van Sylvia maar wat heb je ze mooi ingekleurd!
    Echt heel mooi gedaan!

    Groetjes Nath

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. The box is so stunning Mariska. Love the wonderful colours and the pretty Flowers.

    Dunja x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen