donderdag 30 juni 2011

First teacher's gift box

Hi ladies,

A few days ago I told you I had made two end-of-the-year-gifts for Dyanne's class to give to their teachers. Today I'm showing you the first:
Again it's a pimped sigar-box. This time I've used images by All That Scraps, the Sugarplums Crayons and Apple digi and the Swiss Pixie Cute Birgitta digi. Since I worked everything in 3D again I just colored the separate images and then 3D paperpieced them together to have Birgitta sitting on the Crayon. Flowers and stamens are by Wild Orchid Crafts. The ribbon I've had in my stash for forever and I have no idea how it got there and I also don't know where I got the heart charm with the text "made with love" (on a piece of button twine tied in with the ribbon). In the left corner is a piece of a very large square doilly sticking out and behind the images are two cardstock (nestabilitie) circles, both the doilly and the scalloped circle were embossed with UTEE embossingpowder pearl. The design paper used is from a paper pad called Oxford by Basic Grey. The design paper I used above the ribbon was just perfect for this project with pencils and stuff so I have to admit I bought the paper pad especially for that piece of paper. I also bought the large variety of that design and used that on the inside of the box. Enough info!! Here is a close up of the image:
I didn't only make the box I also made one of THESE cardfolders but in a different size to fit in the sigar box. On top of the cardfolder is of course a picture of Dyanne's class (the only person recognizable is my little girl :) ) and inside are cards I gave to each parent with on it the name of the child, what he or she wants to tell the teacher and on the back a drawing or some other piece of art. Lastly I had Parker pens engraved for the teachers. All the parents chipped in and I hope the teacher likes her gift... I did my best :):
That's it for this box. Dyanne had two teachers this year and of course I made another box with another image for the other teacher, I'll show you that one later. Hope you like this one though!!

I'm entering this project into the current challenge at the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday Challenge which is punches or dies.
Take care!! And thank you for your sweet comments everybody! Some of you are so loyal in always leaving comments!! Please know I enjoy reading every single comment!

xxx
Mariska

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Great combination of images, Birgitta looks perfect with the apple and crayons! Awesome gift boxes! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Super!!! jij KUNT echt wel goed met de copics overweg!!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I am sure she loves it! Your colouring is stunning, beautiful work! Again :o)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Je kaart is prachtig mooi gekleurd
    Groetjes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat prachtig, Maris! De afbeelding is ook zo fantastisch goed ingekleurd!!
    xxx
    Dutch Tulip
    Marja

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hey gorgeous, this is STUNNING, I love this idea and I love the images they are so cute, love that they are 3D gorgeous work hugs pops x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Geweldig Mariska. Wat prachtig.

    Gr. monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Oh what a cute fabulous creations Mariska.
    luv
    Debby

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wat heb je dat sigarenkistje mooi opgepimpt, erg leuk!
    Groetjes van Jacqueline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. great card... love the way she pops out!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. What a wonderful teacher gift! I love the glossy apple and how Birgitta sits on crayons! Too cute!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen