dinsdag 6 september 2011

Altered cigar box for my parents 40th wedding anniversary

Hi everybody!!

Back with a project you might have already seen. The box I'm showing today was for my parents 40th wedding anniversary in July. It was shown in the second issue of Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine. If you STILL haven't (how can you have missed it!), you should really go and check it out HERE because this box isn't the only thing in it, there are some absolutely gorgeous creations and tutorials in there that you don't want to miss!

Anyway... this box features a digi by Meljen's Designs that is no longer for sale at Whimsy Stamps. All Meljen's rubber still is but Meljen's Designs has started it's own digi-shop starting September of this year so if you want to check out this perfect digi for wedding anniversaries (I think) you should now check HERE. Anyway... here is my altered cigar box:
All the products used you can find on page 79 of the Whimsy magazine HERE. Here is a close up of the adorable image, colored with my Copics and 3D paper pieced for extra dimension:
A side view:
And a look at the inside of the box. We gave this box together with my "little" brother Vincent and his wife Johanneke and the box told my parents we are taking them for a couple of days in a cabin in Bosrijk at the Efteling. My parents had already started asking us if they could take us there and we had both been "difficult" about that... work... school... difficult... and when they read WE had infact already planned the whole thing they both ended up crying. SUCCESS :). My mom isn't into crafting at all but literally EVERYBODY needs to see this box, she's so proud. Love that!!
And a look at the invite on the inside next to the box.
Well... hope you like, no Copic colors this time. Haven't taken them down... sorry :(. Hope to be back soon with a new project but at the moment I'm busy doing DT-cards that I can't show you yet. We did receive word the other day that dear friends are now the proud parents of a little boy though so do want to make something for them. I'll be back ;).

Take care sweeties!
xxx
Mariska

23 opmerkingen:

  1. sodeknetters, dat ziet er prachtig uit !! wauuuuwwwwww ! Liefs, Marion

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ik heb maar 1 woord "PRACHTIG"
    veel liefs van marcelline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hij is waanzinnig mooi Mariska.

    Groetjes Monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Woww dat is een schitterende kaart Mariska!!
    Groeten Kristel

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Dit is gaaf zeg! Prachtig gemaakt!
    Groetjes Elise

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love this and i love your paper piecing i so want to do it as good as you.... marvelous,, Louise xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hi hunni :)
    Oh, this is such a gorgeous and beyond that too box! :)
    Love those cuddly little bears and all of those lush flowers :) Your parents will be so happy with this - a gift they will treasure for life :)
    AMAZING!

    Hugs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. SO GORGEOUS! I love your 3D look..it always amazes me!! You are ubber talented!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wow, this box is stunning! What a wonderful Anniversary gift, I'm sure they loved it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hier zijn niet veel woorden voor nodig.....SCHITTEREND.

    heel mooi gemaakt gr annemarie en merit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. wat is dit mooi zeg wat voor papier gebruik jij om met je copics op te kleuren?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Oh WOW Mariska, this is stunning.
    luv
    Debby

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Dit is werkelijk PRACHTIG Mariska!!!
    Groetjes Mieke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. oh this is ADORABLE!!!!
    Love all of the fun details..
    hugs, Janiel

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wauw wat een te gekke creatie. Love it
    Sinikka ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. In een woord geweldig Mariska

    Groetjes Marga

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Beautiful project! I just love your boxes! The image is perfect for your parents and I'm sure they loved the box as much as they loved the gift inside! Great project!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Absolutely gorgeous, loving all the details and dimension.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Hi Mariska, your work ist really fantastic! I like the colours and the 3D-Effect much. Please tell me, where you get that great paper for that. Hugs Gabi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. this is amazing, I love it and it reminded me that I still have to read the magazine too
    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. fabulous. no wonder it made your parents cry....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen