donderdag 26 april 2012

Box for Jos and Marijk

Hi everybody,

Back with another wedding project! You may remember I did THIS card with the gorgeous little Bird Swing stamp that Sylvia Zet created for Wee Stamps. I did that one for the rubber release at Whimsy Stamps. Funny thing was that two people directly asked me if they could buy that card from me. One of them was Marco's aunt Belia, who is an incredibly nice person and who I would have loved to give the card to. She told me however that she wanted to buy it from me for the wedding of a different aunt and uncle from Marco, Jos and Marijk and so I suggested that perhaps it would be nicer if I made her a box for them that I could personalize and I was very happy when she said yes to that suggestion. She told me Marijk's favorite color is orange so I worked with that and created this box:
Because Belia loved the gorgeous Bird Swing by Wee Stamps so much I used that one again but colored it in colors to match the pretty design paper by Pion. Just like the card I did earlier I decided not to use the top of the swing. This time I used the digi so I simply deleted that part of the image with PSP. All the pretty flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts. The chandeliers are too I think but they could also be Magnolia, I'm not sure anymore. The feathers, ribbon, pearls and lace are from stash. Everything was hand stitched and the sentiment was computer generated. The key is part of a set by Tim Holtz, you'll find more of his products on other pictures. Here is a close up of the image:
As always colored with my Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced for extra dimension.
The base of the box is a cigar box that I spray painted with a golden/platinum kind of color. It doesn't show as pretty as it does in real life. The hardware on the box is all Tim Holtz and that too received a layer of the spray paint.
 These are the little pieces the image was made of.
And this is a picture of the inside of the box, also completely decorated and hand stitched. As you can see Jos and Marijk are marrying right now! Jos and Marijk if you ever happen to stumble on my blog, I wish you a life time full of happiness together and I hope you enjoy the box Belia and Marcel gave you. Knowing they were giving the box to you two made making it extra special. Big hugs!!

I'd like to enter this box in the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Let's get cute
Simon Says Stamps! Challenge blog - Anything goes
Truly Scrumptious Challenge - Distress & Die-Cuts/Punches
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge - Ribbon or Twine

Hope you guys like!!!

Big hugs,

28 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow Mariska dit is prachtig!
    XXX Heidy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. What an amazing keepsake you have made for this couple, they will treasure it. I am quite blown away by your work, you are so talented.
    Jane x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wat is dit toch weer mooi geworden Mariska!!!!
    Jaloers om op te worden LOL
    Groetjes Angelique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, hun! I'm not normally a fan of orange, but you actually made it look really nice! I have this stamp as a digi now. I'm going to have to print it out and work on it.

    HUGS!
    ~Lissa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hi Mariska! ♥
    When I saw this in a little pic on Facebook my mind exploded! It is so gorgeous! Love, love, love your ubercute boxes :) I´m so amazed by those beautiful details you have added to.
    And that gorgeous way you do that 3D thingy - AWESOME

    Hugs ♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh my goodness im gobsmaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ive never seen anything so beautiful xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....this is too cute for words, Mariska! You created another work of art...love the dimension you achieve on all of your cards. This image just melts my heart!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hoi Mariska,
    wat een beauty!!!! Een geweldig mooi geheel.
    Groetjes Brenda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. wow this is fabulous.gorgeous sweet image and your design is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Fabulous!How kind of you. I would like mine in pink,lol. Just kidding. Love it!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. WOW gorgeous and stunning Mariska.
    luv
    Debby

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. OMG!!
    This is absolutely stunning!

    Hugs
    Paola

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Het is bijna niet mogelijk, maar je hebt jezelf TOCH weer overtroffen! Hij is werkelijk prachtig!
    Groetjes Gea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Ohhh wowwww Mariska,Wat een schitterend doosje heb je gemaakt.

    Liefs Riet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. This is so beautiful Mariska I'm sure they will treasure it always. Nothing like receiving something made from the heart on such a special day. Your work is amazing and so detailed. I just love visiting. "Hugs"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Wat is dit weer een fraai stukje werk. Je maakt zulke leuke doosjes. En geweldig hoe je de stempels zo mooi opbouwdt. Nathaly

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. ECHT WAANZINNIG Mariska!!!!!!
    Jos en ik zijn zooooo blj met dit schitterende "huwelijksdoosje" dat je speciaal voor ons ontworpen hebt! De kleuren, het design, de afwerking..... je ziet gewoon dat het met liefde gemaakt is. En..... bovenop ligt de sleutel van ONS geluk!!!!
    We zijn er echt heel blij mee!
    Liefs voor jou van Jos & Marijk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Oh this is just wonderful! Its so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Wow, wat heb je dat super mooi gemaakt zeg! Wat een heerlijk plaatje die vogeltjes!

    Groetjes,
    Nicole

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. So very beautiful Mariska, I love all your creations.

    Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. I also have Candy on my blog if you want to hop over HERE.

    Hugs Tracy x


    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. This is such a gorgeous project Mariska. I love the image you've used and the colours are fabulous. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Wowwwww! Mariska! Your work is absolutely BREATHTAKING! I love the way you layer your images SO perfectly and BEAUTIFULLY! I am speechless! Gorgeous, Stunning, Amazing .. SOoOOo glad that I've found your blog as well! I'm your newest follower too! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. OMG Mariska, you leave me speechless!!! Been admiring your creations for quite some time now and this is yet another master piece. Love your 3D piecing and your coloring is amazing. Stunning project - thanks so much for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. Super mooi!! Een gezellige dag, Colinda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen