maandag 1 oktober 2012

Guest designer at Fashionista Challenge blog

Hi sweet people!!
 
You may remember that a few weeks ago I told you that I made the top five of the sixth challenge at the Fashionista Challenge blog. Well, people voted and in the end it turned out I was the winner of that Challenge. I got to pick all these gorgeous digi stamps from StampFairy which was a pleasure to do :). Making the top five means a direct invitation to be a guest designer for the next challenge and since I think this challenge blog is how a challenge blog should be I loved to join. I have to admit I hate challenge blogs that do random winners. The reason probably is because I spend so much time and efford on a card but I think a contest is only a contest when it is judged, otherwise it is just a lottery. At the Fashionista challenge blog there is first a selection made by the design team of their five favorites and next the visitors of the blog get a chance to vote for their favorite. LOVE this concept.
 
Anyway, the current challenge (closes in eleven days) at the Fashionista Challenge blog is Anything Goes Christmas and the current sponsor is Lili of the Valley and since I have a lot of gorgeous LOTV Christmas stamps that I haven't used yet but really wanted to, that was a very easy one for me :).
This adorable stamp is called Little Star. As always he was colored with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced but I forgot to take a picture of the little pieces. The sentimens are from the latest Whimsy Stamps release, they are both in the Holiday Circle Pennants set. The gorgeous papers are from a paper pad by Authentique called Wonder. The gorgeous flowers are Red Velvet Hydrangeas from Petaloo, personally I think these flowers aren't the best quality out there; some are without pearls, some have pearls that aren't in the center, together like this though I think they are gorgeous, they already have glitter on them. The red "glittery berries" I bought at a Dutch store named Kruidvat last year. The ribbon is Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearls are from stash. The snow beneath the bear is Shaved Ice by Stampendous, the star has been stickled up with Diamond stickles and the edges of the paper have been touched with Ice Diamond Stickles, these flakes are a little larger then the regular Stickles, I thought they fitted the glitter on the flowers better but I also added a bit to the flowers.
Here is a close up of the cute little bear. Hope you can see that he was paper pieced.

I'll be back on Wednesday for the Whimsy Stamps review. Be sure to enter into the Fashionista Challenge! Have a great day!!

Hugs,

15 opmerkingen:

  1. so very cute Mariska, love the glitter on your flowers and the bear looks fabulous!
    Debxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. schitterende kaart Mariska, dat gepaperpiecde is altijd zo leuk!!

    liefs annemarie en merit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh my goodness Mariska this is just adorable.
    Hugs
    Jane

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Stunning card, I love the image and the colours are wonderful

    Sue

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hi Mariska!
    Oh, my, its been a long time since I left a comment here ha? Sticking my head into a pillow out of shame ;) However I promise you, Ive been in here on numerous occasions, who would wanna miss out? :o NOBODY!
    CONGRATS on your newest GDT spot, very well deserved!

    Stunning, stunning creation, the stamp is adorable and your magic is even better. Utterly divine! Amazing layout and cute papers too!

    Big hugs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Een enorm leuke kaart. Geweldig wat voor werk je steeds in je kaarten legt.
    Gr. Sinikka

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Prachtige kaart Mariska ! Heel mooi gekleurd en wat een mooie bloemen heb je gebruikt :)).

    groetjes Monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Een super mooie kerstkaart! Mooie warme kleuren, mooie bloemen en een schatje van een beer! groetjes, Marlies

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wat een schitterende kaart is dit.

    Liefs Riet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Fabulous! Love your design and pretty color combo.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. What a beautiful Christmascard Mariska! Love the colours and the adorable little bear!
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. This is just so fab sweetie what a great LO hugs Rebekah xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Your creations are always AMAZING! LOVE your coloring and layering of the image. LOVE all the other details.
    Hugs and smiles

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen