zaterdag 27 juli 2013

Happy birthday to my father in law!

Hi everybody!!

Today is the birthday of my father in law, Leo van der Veer, we are celebrating together outdoors with pancakes as a finish so it promises to be a fabulous day.... except that it's starting to rain here while I type but I'm hoping this will pass and then it'll be a gorgeous day.

For the birthdays of both my in laws (my mum in laws birthday was two months ago) we are taking them on a trip in the next few weeks. Because I did want to bring him something for his birthday I decorated the lid of this little box for him and we are going to give that filled with chocolaty goodness :).
The fabulous cow image is a new one by Crissy Armstrong for Whimsy Stamps. It's called You Moove Me and I loved coloring it. The fabulous letters are new stamps by Whimsy Stamps as well, these are by Raindrop Echo Designs and are called Just My Type. The letters can be cut with a matching die from a new Tiny Shapes Die Set but I have to admit I used my Nestabilities for the job. The stars were cut with Stacking Stars Die-Namics dies and the circles and scalloped circle with Nestabilities again. Lots of hand stitching and Frayed Burlap distress ink and Black Diamond Stickles finish the job. The design paper is Maja Design Life in the Country combined with white, black and red cardstock.
A close up of You Moove Me. Colored with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced. Diamond stickles on the bell :).
A side view of the box. Hope you can see I've also embossed the Just My Type letters and star and little stars from the Stacking Stars.
And the little pieces :).

Hope you have a fabulous day no matter where you are!!

Hugs,

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Ziet er weer op en top uit!
    Super!
    Groetjessss

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. What a brilliant gift Mariska love your cow image and the detail of your box lid
    jacqui xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Geweldig, dit ziet er perfect uit. Gefeliciteerd met je schoonvader, hij is hier vast blij mee. Fijne dag,liefs Hanny
    http://tierelantijntjes.blogspot.nl

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat een mooi doosje.

    Hoop dat je schoonvader een leuke dag hebt gehad!

    Marie-Anne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I am completely in awe of your work Mariska - this must take you so long ...and you must have lots of patience. Just beautiful.
    Anne xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen