woensdag 1 oktober 2014

A small gift for a kind neighbor

Hi everybody!

Today I'd like to show you a little gift that I made for my nextdoor neighbor. She has been kind enough to bring me tomatoes from her garden the past weeks and I thought it'd be a nice gesture to give her a little something to let her know that I really appreciate her kindness. In The Netherlands we have a saying "better a good neighbor then a far away friend" and I think that's true and I really appreciate the good neighbors that we have here.

I made a small cablebox using THIS purchased template and filled it with chocolates. I used Polly from Wee Stamps (digital image/rubber stamp) as I think she's perfect for just about every theme. As always she was colored with Copic Markers and completely 3D paper pieced. I decided to go for a red/blue and white color scheme.
The back of the box with a computer generated sentiment that reads Bedankt which means Thank you in Dutch. I love this flower cluster with all these gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. You'll find links to the different flowers below.
A side view of the Cable box.
And the little pieces the image was made of.

Materials:
Image: Polly from Wee Stamps available as a digital image and a rubber stamp
Paper: Kraft cardstock, red and white cardstock and Maja Design Life in the Country 6x6 Paper Pad
Template: Gable Box from Cards etc. Shop
Other: Stitches by hand, diamond stickles and golden liquid pearls. Leaves are from a Magnolia die and other dies by Nestabilities.
From Wild Orchid Crafts:
White, Ivory & Tan self adhesive pearls 3mm
Navy Blue Open Roses 25mm
Red Open Roses 25mm
White Cosmos Daisies
Baby Blue Sweetheart Blossoms
White Sweetheart Blossoms
Baby Blue Cherry Blossoms
Red Cherry Blossoms (not in store as I type this but be sure to check the general Cherry Blossoms folder on a later date)
Off-White Chrysanthemums

8 opmerkingen:


  1. Hoi Mariska,

    Wat heb je dit onwijs super gemaakt,
    echt heel erg mooi ☺

    Gezellige en fijne (knutsel) dagen ☼
    Liefs van Erica
    {Heidebloempjuh}

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Stunning! Mariska, you make the most beautiful cards & gifts :)
    Hope you and your family are keeping well xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. prachtig en superschattig!
    Groetjes Gea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hoi Mariska,
    Wat een mooi cadeautje ;)
    Ik koester jullie cadeautje ook nog steeds dus ze zal er blij mee zijn.
    Groetjes, Linda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Such a cute and beautiful gift! I love the sweet image and your colour scheme looks perfect.
    Rebecca.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen