woensdag 28 januari 2015

Bunny with flowers on a birthday gift-box

Hi everybody,

Today I'd like to share a project with you that I created as a gift for my sister in law who's birthday is in a few days (I don't think she ever visits my blog so I should be able to post it here).
The box that I used (you'll see that it's a box in a few pictures) is actually a tea-box and the inside has three compartments but I'll fill it with other things then tea. The adorable image that I used is Bunny with Flowers by Crissy Armstrong. It's an image I have adored from the moment I first saw it and this is the first time I used it but I'm very sorry to say that it's no longer available. It was a digital image available from Whimsy Stamps but Whimsy Stamps no longer sells digital images because of new EU tax regulations. I hope you don't mind that I still used it though as I adore the image! I had to use spring colors for this project :) and it was a perfect excuse to use one of these adorable dies that my friend Tammy Cunliffe send me that she designed herself for Little Darlings Rubber Stamps. LOVE these flowers Tammy, can't wait to do a project with all of the dies from your fabulous set.
A close up of the cutest little bunny that I'm so sorry I can't link to as it's no longer available :(. But as always colored with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced.
And a close up of one of the gorgeous flower clusters with fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers and of course those darling little flowers that I cut with Tammy's die with self adhesive rhinestones in the middle. The leaves that I used are from the tulips that I used in the other flower cluster.
A side view of the box so you can see it's actually a box :).
And a picture of the little pieces used to create the image.

Hope you like my gift box and aren't you so ready to get out your spring colors now? What a lovely change after all those Christmas colors we've had last month!! Have a great day everybody!!

Hugs,






Materials used:
Image: Bunny with Flowers by Crissy Armstrong (no longer available)
Sentiment: Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned I have the rubber version of this stamp set but in my friend Durvina's shop I see it's now only available as a digital download set.
Dies: Little Darling Darling Square Die Set (used the adorable flowers, designed by Tammy Houghton Cunliffe), Spellbinders circle, no idea what brand the backing for the circle is from, Stampin' Up Framelits Apothecary Accents (to cut the sentiment out with).
Other: Stampin' Up Paper Piercing Pack Essentials (for stitching around the rectangles and inside the die that I used to cut out the sentiment with), Stickles Diamond and Platinum, paper doily (used in the corners) from stash, distress ink Frayed Burlap.
From Wild Orchid Crafts:
(you can enter the codes behind the description in the search box on the website to quickly find the products):
Baby Pink Cherry Blossoms (MKX-049)
Mixed Pink Tone Hip Rosebuds (GST-014)
Mixed Pink Tulip Flowers with Leaf Stems (MKX-302)
Mixed White/Cream tone Trellis Roses 35mm (FM-00377)
Yellow Open Roses 25mm (FM-00468)
Pink Open Roses 15mm (FM-00005)
Baby Pink Sweetheart Blossoms (FS-00061)
Self Adhesive Rhinestones Pink (MKX-516)

9 opmerkingen:

  1. So pretty Mariska, your sister-in-law will adore it.
    Lorraine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sooo sooo beautiful work here again Mariska. Just gorgeous work as always and it looks sooo fantastic .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Geweldig mooi weer, Mariska!! Super schattig dat konijntje, snap helemaal waarom je voor hem/haar bent gevallen. Zou hem ook zo kopen als dat nog kon.
    Een fijne avond,
    Colinda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Your creations are always so beautiful Mariska. This is adorable.
    Hugs Maz

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Mariska you are amazing, this is absolutely adorable! Just love that bunny and the Spring feel. What a lucky sister-in-law!!!!! I'll gladly be a family member so I could receive one of you gorgeous projects, LOL!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This is so beautiful! Such a gorgeous Spring feel :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen