zaterdag 1 november 2008

Sketch 23, Coco's week at Sketch Saturday

Hello everybody,

A very good Saturday to you all! I want to start with saying how sorry I am for not visiting all of you. My keyboard went crazy last Saturday, giving all kinds of strange signals to my computer. Windows closed and openend out of the blue and settings changed without me wanting them to so I had to stay of the keyboard and order a new one. But I have a new one now so I'm completely back! Then, for all you American/Canadian friends out there I hope you had an amazing Halloween yesterday. I wish we celebrated it here but unfortunatelly not. We did have five kids trick or treating for the first time ever though... so who knows... there might just be a new tradition starting. I'd be all for it, I'd love to go trick or treating with my two girls.

But, anyway, it's time for another Sketch Saturday! This week is Design Team week and it's my friend Coco's turn. Now I don't know if you know Coco's work but I for one happen to be a real fan of it. She adds all these little details to her cards which make them real pieces of art, I never seem able to do it in the same way. But this week she had a new challenge, she created the sketch and I for one think she did a great job! Here it is:

I needed another wallet so I decided to transform the square sketch in a rectangle one. I hadn't noticed that Coco had given the option for autumn colours though. I didn't notice that until this morning :S. But I hope Coco will forgive me this. I send the wallet to her filled with stamped images so I'm sure that will make things a little better ;).

Here is the wallet:





Materials used:
Lily Dress Up Plate by Pink Cat Studio
Sentiment is from the Lily and Tweet Plate by Pink Cat Studio
Background was stamped with the C.C. Designs EZ Mounted Sugarplums Scenery by All That Scraps
Papers are K&Company Dollhouse and from stash
Pearls are from Making Memories
Coloured with Copic Markers, Derwent Watercolour Pencils and Stickles
Ribbon from stash
You can find the tutorial for the wallet on Moni's blog, I used that tutorial last week as well, love it!
Hope you like it. Be sure to check out the blogs of my fellow Design Team members if you haven't already, they have some amazing cards for you this week! Hope you'll all join in on the fun and I promiss to visit more blogs this week as I did last week.... if my keyboard doesn't fail me again :).
Have a great Saturday everybody!!!
xxx
Mariska

14 opmerkingen:

  1. This is just beautiful.. I love everything about it.... the colours, they way you have interpreted the sketch, the fact that it's a wallet filled with stamped images... everything!!
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Mariska, What a spectacular wallet my friend! Just beautiful! Hugs Jeanette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful wallet, love the colours and your image is adorable
    lv Gill x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ohhhhhhh.... Mariska
    what a wonderful wallet!
    Love your colouring and image!!
    Hugs Gisela

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. So gorgeous, and handy little wallet too!

    Groetjes, Marlene x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This is fantastic and beautiful. ;) :) I love the fact it is a useful item aswell as being pretty too. :) :) Love the little detail of the acrylic stones - gorgeous. ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. ;)

    xxDebbiexx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Gorgeous wallet Mariska, such a cute little image and beautifully coloured. Hugs Nikki x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. This is a lovely wallet!
    Cute stamp and the colouring is beautiful, LOVE IT!

    Have a great day/Gunilla

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. These are fantastic, a great tutorial, thanks for sharing!
    Clairexx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Beautiful Wallet Mariska really pretty colours and such a sweet image. Debbie x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. yes yes !!!! it's very fab
    your pocket is really beautiful and more!! especially when we have to change the content!! Marsiske thank you very much for your surprise and for participating in my first sketch !!!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. a beautiful card, fantastic !!

    Have a great weekend !

    xx mandy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Oooh this is beautiful. I absolutely adore what you have made - fabulous!!!!
    -x-

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen