donderdag 5 november 2009

A memorial for Henry....

Dear friends,

I know I haven't been posting much lately and now that I am... it is with a card I wish I didn't have to make. Perhaps you have already read this somewhere but this week my fellow Pink Cat Studio DT member Sarah Anderson’s 3 year old son Henry passed away. Little Henry was unable to overcome a virus that made him ill last week. I am so sad for Sarah and her family, they have been in my thoughts ever since I was told about this terrible news.

Lorie Ames has organized a way to donate for a memorial for Henry. Henry loved his local zoo and visited it almost every day in the summer. As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor. Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has created a digital stamp to help raise funds for a tree for Henry. As you will probably understand it is the cute digi image I have used to create this card for Sarah and her family.

All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp, minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree. If you would like to donate towards the tree, please visit this webpage to purchase the digi stamp: http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Digital/DigiStamps/Animals/Zoo/GiraffeAndMonkey.htm

Another way to donate to the memorial is to print out this form and mail in your donation directly: http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/Parks/PDF/MemorialTreePamphlet.pdf

Please write on the form that the donation is for Sarah Anderson’s son Henry. Once all of the money is collected, a tree and location will be selected. If you have questions about the form please contact Lorie Ames. Lorie will be in contact with Sarah along this memorial journey to ensure that her wishes are followed.
To contact Lorie, please visit her blog at http://www.live-love-laugh-create.blogspot.com/

If you don’t know Sarah and would like to learn more about her, please visit her blog: http://scrampinmama.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your help to raise money for a tree for Henry.


xxx
Mariska

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Afschuwelijk nieuws he Maris, het zet je weer even met beide benen op de grond en je prijst jezelf gelukkig met je gezonde kindjes...

    Prachtige kaart heb je gemaakt, supermooi kleurwerk!!!

    Tot zaterdag:-D

    Hugs, Inge xOx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Mariska, your card is absolutely stunning. It breaks my heart that we are making this sample, but still your card is a wonderful tribute to little Henry

    Hugs

    Vicki

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Mariska!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat een naar nieuws, maar je hebt een prachtig kaartje voor Henry gemaakt.
    Groetjes van Jacqueline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat is dit verschrikkelijk zo'n klein kindje. Je hebt een geweldige kaart gemaakt voor Henry en hopelijk steunt ze dat een klein beetje.
    Ondanks dit droeve nieuws toch een goed weekend Paula.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I was so sad to read about Sarah's little boy, and I purchased the image immediately when I found out. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts. You did a great job with the image, beautiful card.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. it's my prefere !!!!
    your colours is very perfect and this card is very very GORGEOUS !!!
    fantastic work !!!
    good week !! my friend !!
    hugs coco

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. this is so adorable Mariska...your coloring...wonderful! So hard to make a card for this reason...hard to believe! take care!
    Pam Going Postal

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen