vrijdag 13 juli 2012

Mermaid notebook for Sanne

Hi everybody!!

Sorry for the long wait. It's taken me some time to get my mojo back. To much personal stuff going on and when I did have time to craft I just wasn't satisfied. But I am about todays project :). I mentioned a while back that I joined the Dutch organisation Post voor Kanjers. They have both a list of crafters and a list of seriously ill children and their brothers and sisters and together with the crafters they make sure those children have a little sunlight in their mailbox on a regular basis.

Today I have a project I made for a six year old girl named Sanne. Sanne is a girly girl and she wanted happy mail so together with my two girls I decided to use this cute mermaid and her cute sea horse buddy from THIS gorgeous clear stamp set by Some Odd Girl. I am a huge fan of Kristy, the owner and designer of Some Odd Girl, not only do I adore her drawing style but she has some Youtube movies that show her coloring with Copic Markers and she is INCREDIBLE with those as well. Anyway, here is the project I did:
There is a whole lot of glitter and glam going on there, since both my girls love that I hope Sanne does too. I followed a sketch from the Some Odd Girl blog, you can find that HERE. It's an old srap of paper, no idea what brand, white cardstock and those pretty rhinestones are from a set I bought at the Dutch Pipoos store a while back. Some lace, a bit of cheese cloth and some hand stitching, that's it really.
Here is a close up of the gorgeous mermaid and her sea horse buddy. As always, colored with Copic Markers and 3D paperpieced:
With the little pieces to proof it :).

Hope you like my project for Sanne. My husband is taking it to the mail as we speak. I really hope she likes it.

I have a second project already on the way... so glad to be enjoying crafting again!!!

Hugs!!!

25 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw Mariska!! Echt prachtig dit kaartje!! Ze is ook zo mooi ingekleurd :) Echt geweldig met die sticksels!! Groetjes Anneke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh wat een prachtig kaartje Mariska,ik denk dat Sanne hier heel blij mee is!
    Groetjes Heidy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Prachtige notebook heb je voor Sanne gemaakt, I LOVE IT.
    Liefs Ghea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. She is going to LOVE this amazing creation!!!!! I adore your beautiful mermaid....colored magnificently!
    WOW......absolutely breathtaking!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. She will over the moon for this notebook. I know I would be!! It is beyond stunning. Great job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hallo Mariska,

    Zoals al je creaties weer PRACHTIG! Ik vind het geweldig zoals je je afdrukken in 3D verwerkt, maar wat een werk!
    Groetjes, Liselot

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Mariska, so glad you're back, your work is so beautiful. And how thoughtful to share your amazing gift with a child in need of a smile. Your card is just lovely and the little girl you made it for will just treasure it I know.
    {Hugs} Barb

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Gorgeous Mariska!! I love the beautiful paper piecing and the mermaid is coloured up so beautifully :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Hi Mariska! ❤
    Oh, that is sooo you to do something like this! You have such a big heart and I can ensure you: SANNE WILL LOVE AND TREASURE THIS forever!

    I love it! It doesn't matter the least bit that it's been a while either! We are all still here awaiting patiently :) Sometimes life just comes first and I always find it a bit harder to grab my gear during summer.
    However this notebook is gorgeous, Im so loving that 3D technique of yours :) Simply beautiful! The mermaid is adorable and your take on that sketch is awesome!

    Big hugs ❤

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hoi Maris, sja.... Wat kan ik zeggen dat niet al gezegd is? Helemaal leuk, schattig, mooi perfect en nog meer van dat soort woorden!!!! Geniet maar weer lekker van het knutselen enne...... Jouw projecten zijn ALTIJD het wachten waard!!
    Liefs en een knuffel Diaan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wauw dit is echt een pracht van een kaart!

    Geweldig mooi ingekleurd en geweldig afgewerkt met de stickles!
    en ook mooi met de steentjes erbij en de andere mooi details!

    Ze zal er zeker heel erg blij mee zijn!

    Veel Liefs
    Naomi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. You amaze me Maris! And this is another mind-blowing project. I absolutely love the way you did the water waves with those rhinestones!!Brilliant!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I love that extra dimension your work has - it is always a pleasure to hop on over to your blog.
    Hugs
    Jane

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. WOW! Your work is amazing. Love the dimension and glitter. Just beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wat een schitterende kaart Mariska.

    Liefs Riet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Wauw, deze is bijzonder zeg! Supermooi
    Groetjes Gea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. so stunning mariska.your colours are beautiful and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Wow Mariska this card is so so sweet!!! The little mermaid is wonderful and your coloring and 3d paperpieced are fabulous!!!!
    Hugs
    Francy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Oh hunny bunny, this is gorgeous!!! Such glitz and glamour, I'm sure Sanne will treasure this!! Glad to hear your mojo has returned!!
    hugs stephanne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. What a sweetie! Meaning you and the card. That is so wonderful of all you kind hearted bloggers. Great job.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. omg!!!!!! this mermaid os out of control amazing!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen