woensdag 26 november 2014

Bella with Rose

Good morning everybody!

Back with another card. When I noticed Conie Fong had released a new image with the adorable little bear Bella I had to have it. So here is my new card with Bella with Rose.
Isn't that image precious?
As always colored with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced. I'll add the markers I used this evening because I have actually taken them down this time. Just in a hurry this morning but will take time to do it tonight.
Gorgeous Wild Orchid Flowers to compliment the pretty image.
A bit of a side view so you can see the layering better.
And of course the little pieces little Bella was made with.

Copic Markers used:
Purple rose and accents to shoes: V25 (just a really tiny bit), V22 (again just bits), V20, BV0000, CB
Purple clothes: V28, V25, V22, V20 and when that was dry over that with V17, V15, V12 and V0000
Bear: E55, E53, E50, E0000, CB
Inner ear: R22, R20, R00 and then when that was dry a bit of W1, W0 and W00

Hope you like my new card!! Have a great day everybody!!

Hugs,






Materials used:
Image: Bella with Rose by Conie Fong for Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: White cardstock and Maja Design Fika paper (starting to run out of some of the designs which is a shame because it's SO pretty
Other: stitches by hand, Stampendous Frantage, Stickles Platinum, Distress ink, Butterfly edge die by Noor Design for Joy Crafts, Floral Ovals die from Spellbinders. Butterfly from Etsy Store.
From Wild Orchid Crafts:
Mixed Purple/White Cosmos Daisy flowers
Mixed Purple/Lilac tone Trellis Roses 35mm
White hip rosebuds
Mixed Purple/Lilac and White sweetheart blossoms
Mixed Pastel tone Apple Blossoms
Purple Lilac Self Adhesive Pearls 3mm (not in stock as I type this but please check back later)

17 opmerkingen:

  1. wauw het is werkelijk weer een plaatje om te zien, geweldig Mariska

    groetjes Annemarie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yet another beautiful creation, Mariska! Love the pretty pink and lilac colour tones, sweet bear and your amazing paper piecing which gives that rose such dimension!
    I've made a card for this week's PfP challenge using the cute Wee Stamps Sarah image that I won from you - it was lovely to colour (as is all of Sylvia's lovely images) Hugs, Lisa x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This is so cute Mariska! I'm glad you gave me a side view this time, I was curious about the paper piecing. It looks very intense. How many times do you have to stamp the image? And you color the underneath peices grey? I've never seen anyone do it this way and it turns out so cute! You would have to have great vision to do it this way. I would have a hard time deciding on shadows and direction sometimes if I didn't fully color the image. Tfs hun, xoxo Lizzy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Lizzy, hope you get an e-mail or something telling you that I replied :). Anyway, I thought you had already seen the video I did for Splitcoast Stampers but perhaps you haven't? You can find it here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/3dpaperpiecing/
      I do color the underneath pieces with W5, which is the darkest shade I use for my shadows plus I color the sides of the little pieces black. Reason for both is comments from my hubby on finished projects a long time ago :). So really he is the brains behind the whole operation LOL. Working this way does take some getting use to but I now completely think 3D so it's not that hard for me anymore :). Thanks for your lovely comment! Hugs, Mariska

      Verwijderen
  4. Yes it is so gorgeous MAriska, I saw it on WOC´s page earlier and it´s absolutely gorgeous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. your work is lovely, I hope you are trying out for the Sweet Pea Stamps design team!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Jennifer, thank you for your lovely comment. I'm afraid I won't be trying out for the Sweet Pea Stamps Design Team. My cards take very long to make, ten hours for a project is quick, and with a maximum of one card a week and a desire to work with more stamps then just from any one company or artist teams are just not doable for me. I do adore Conie Fong's work though and really appreciate some of the other artists working for Sweet Pea as well so I'll just purchase the images that I love and will work with them at my own pace and when I want to :). That keeps me happier :). Thank you for lovely comment though! Hugs, Mariska

      Verwijderen
  6. Stunning! Your cards and work as so impressive!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow! Echt zoooo gaaf! Ik bewonder je wel hoor voor je geweldige 3D techniek. Het gaat er nog meer door leven. Kun je nog verklappen welke kleuren copics je hebt gebruikt?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel! Ik heb de Copic kleuren er net bijgezet. Was ik inderdaad weer helemaal vergeten! Groetjes, Mariska

      Verwijderen
  8. Absolutely adorable card and such wonderful work with layering.
    luv
    Debby

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Totally adorable card with this sweet bear - I really love how you layer your images! Such beautiful embellishments too.
    Rebecca.
    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. This is a stunning card. I saw it on facebook. Looked at your other cards and they are of a high standard. Fabulous work Mariska.
    Hugs Maz

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen